Home >> Acai Blog >>What is this New Magical Fruit that Has the Internet Abuzz?

What is this New Magical Fruit that Has the Internet Abuzz?

The indigenous people of the Amazon rainforest regions have known about the Acai berry for centuries.  It is only recently that Western scientists and biologists have discovered this truly remarkable “super fruit.” The secret has been unleashed and Americans have opened their eyes to the value this tiny berry offers to them.  The Acai berry itself is about the size of a grape, with the fruit only consisting of about 10% of the berry.  The other 90% is the seed, or pit.  Acai berries are harvested by the thousands and they are then put through a process that separates the fruit from the pit, and a soft edible puree that tastes like a mixture of chocolate and berries is produced. The indigenous people use every part of this berry and the tree that it grows on, but because the Acai berry is so perishable in its natural form, we are only able to obtain the fruit in freeze dried forms.  From this state, the fruit can be reconstituted into a juice form, or made into pills and capsules.  Some companies grind up the pit and use it in their Acai product, but this is highly discouraged by most reputable sources.

What makes the Acai berry so interesting to scientists and nutritionist is its remarkable amount of free radical fighting antioxidants.  Free radicals are the nasty little molecules that come from pollutants in the air, and from some of our bad habits like smoking, drinking, and sun bathing.  The free radicals attack the cells of the body in very harmful ways, and may actually damage our DNA.  Scientists believe that when Acai is taken on a regular basis, this super fruit may discourage free radical attacks from occurring and may also increase energy, stamina, and promote overall good health.

Viva! Acai™ is a wonderful liquid form of the Acai berry with the added benefits of the Pomegranate fruit, from the makers of Synflex®.  It is concentrated enough that you only have to take a daily serving of a quarter of an ounce in order to reap the benefits of the tiny berry.  You can also mix it with different foods and drinks to make it a part of any meal or snack! You can try mixing it with yogurt, or you can blend it with low fat ice cream for a delicious Viva! Acai™ milk shake or smoothie.  Its naturally occurring chocolaty taste makes it a perfect ingredient for all of your favorite drinks.

When using Viva! Acai™, or any product for the first time, you should consult with your doctor first. 

You also might be interested in:

History of Acai Berry
The Acai berry is the latest super fruit to hit the market and has been in the spotlight for quite some time now. At times it is hard to find the actual facts on Acai, as most sites just talk about how great the acai berry is but there is little information on the background of this popular berry.

Acai Berry Facts
“The Acai palm is a species of palm tree in the genus Euterpe cultivated for their fruit and superior hearts of palm.” The Acai palm is found in the flood plains of the Amazon River in Brazil.

Acai Berry: Health & Beauty
The benefits of the acai berry are truly amazing. This tiny berry is used to promote healthy living and natural beauty products. The acai berry’s antioxidant levels will remain high even if stored for long lengths of time.

Fight Off Free Radicals with Acai
What are free radicals and where do they come from? Free radicals are unstable molecules, atoms, or ions that carry a positive, negative, or zero charge. They search throughout the body to steal another electron, and they become highly reactive.